Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Introduction

After the murder of her son, Camille Cosby characterized grief by explaining, "everyone has to walk through the fire at some time, and we have to walk right through it." As someone who has dealt with grief over the course of the last year and a half, that quote struck me. The truth in that statement is so profound. We may not all experience the joys of raising a child, the despair of a dead-end career, the solitude of singleness, the freedom of wealth, or the hopelessness of bankruptcy. However, at some point, we will all lose someone we love. This is the fire. We have no choice but to walk right through it.

The purpose of this blog is to give hope. Every person's journey is different, and mine may not be spectacular to someone else. To me though, knowing where my heart was at the beginning of my journey, and seeing where it has come, is nothing short of spectacular. This transformation happened solely through the unconditional love and hope found in my Savior. My prayer is that somebody will find something that they can relate to and find hope in by witnessing where God has brought me and the work He continues to do. Grief can be a very isolating emotion. It often times feels as though nobody truly understands how you feel. Simply finding that my thoughts, feelings, and emotions were shared by other people, was a huge source of comfort for me. I hope this can be a place for others on the journey to find solace. It is also a testament to my amazing friends, who really are more like family. When I say I don't know where I would be without them, I mean that very literally. They've brought me back from the darkness more than once, and have held my hand through every step of this journey.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you to share your heart and journey so that we can all read what God has and will continue to do through you! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too my kindred spirit and star soulmate :)

    ReplyDelete